Extend the range of your Wireless-AC signal and eliminate dead spots using the Linksys AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6500). Bring wireless Internet connectivity to the far reaches of your home with the extender’s range of up to 10,000 square feet. Wireless-AC technology and dual bands allow you to stream HD-quality movies and games without interference. Four Gigabit Ethernet ports enable wired connections, while an audio jack lets you connect speakers for streaming music. Setup is simple with no installation CD required.
The RE6500 eliminates dead spots and delivers speeds up to three times faster than wireless-N extenders. View larger.
Bring wireless Internet connectivity to the far reaches of your home with the extender’s range of up to 10,000 square feet. View larger.
Stream music from a smartphone or tablet by connecting speakers to the extender’s audio jack. View larger.
Universally Compatible with Routers
The RE6500 features wireless-AC technology for optimal throughput and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router or gateway. Simply connect it to your current wireless network to enjoy Internet access on all your devices from anywhere in your home.
Eliminate Dead Spots and Increase Wi-Fi Range up to 10,000 Square Feet
With the Linksys AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6500), you can easily extend the range of your existing wireless router. Simply position the RE6500 in your home where you need connectivity or experience a weak signal—say, an upstairs bedroom or office or another remote area of your home such as an outdoor patio or deck. The RE6500 will repeat the signal from the router and redistribute it to reduce wireless dead spots.
Next Generation Wireless-AC for Max Performance
Featuring wireless-AC (802.11ac) technology, the RE6500 delivers speeds up to three times faster than wireless-N extenders, making it well suited for large homes with multiple devices and heavy online media usage. Dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz can deliver data transfer speeds of up to N300 Mbps + AC867 Mbps for seamless HD streaming without interruptions.
Simultaneous Dual Band Wi-Fi
The RE6500 features simultaneous dual bands, which means it transmits at both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies at the same time. It extends 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi up to N300 Mbps + AC867 Mbps and reduces interference. So no matter which band your wireless devices use, they’ll automatically connect to the best available band for the fastest possible performance.
New Innovative Crossband Technology
With Crossband technology, the dual wireless bands can now receive information on one band and transmit on the other, reducing dropped data packets and delivering a stronger, more consistent signal throughout your home.
Four Gigabit Ethernet Ports for Wired Connections
In addition to wireless connectivity, the RE6500 features four Gigabit Ethernet ports that are 10 times faster than traditional Fast Ethernet ports, allowing you to establish fast, secure wired connections to desktop or laptop computers or virtually any other Internet-enabled device. Placing the range extender on a desk near the device makes wired connections easy.
Access Point for Streaming Music
Along with Gigabit Ethernet ports, the RE6500 sports an audio jack on the back, which enables you to connect a stereo system or a speaker to the range extender and wirelessly stream music from your smartphone or laptop.
Security Support to Protect Your Data
Like other Linksys products, the RE6500 supports up to 128-bit encryption (WEP, WPA, and WPA2) and has a WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button, allowing you to establish a connection easily and securely with a wireless router or access point to keep your network and your data safe.
Quick and Easy Installation
1. Connect the antennas and power cable.
2. Plug in the range extender midway between your router and the area without Wi-Fi.
3. Wait for a solid light on the cover of the range extender. Then, on a computer, phone, or tablet, connect to the Wi-Fi network “Linksys Extender Setup.”
4. Set up using the web browser (follow steps in Quick Installation Guide)
This product requires a wireless router or access point as well as a Wi-Fi-enabled computer that has an Ethernet port and that runs the Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating system or the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7 or later, or Mountain Lion 10.8 or later operating system.
What’s in the Box
Linksys AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6500), power supply, two dipole antennas, Ethernet cable, and quick installation guide.
AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE6500)
At a Glance:
- Wireless-AC is faster than wireless-N for media streaming and more
- Wi-Fi range of up to 10,000 square feet
- Adjustable antennas to optimize the signal
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast wired connections
- Audio jack lets you connect a stereo system to stream music wirelessly
Establish a fast, secure wired connection to your desktop or laptop computer with four available Gigabit Ethernet ports. View larger.
- 2.4GHz & 5GHz dual bands
- Eliminates dead spots & extends the existing Wireless-AC coverage
- Works with Wi-Fi router or Gateway
- Simultaneous Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Next-generation wireless AC
- Wireless-AC technology is compatible with all a/b/g/n devices. Works with any router or gateway including routers supplied by service provider
- Up to 4.3X faster than wireless-N technology featuring simultaneous dual-band speeds up to N300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) + AC867 Mbps (5 GHz) to reduce traffic and maximize data
- Maximizes the simultaneous use of both bands for faster data transfer speeds
- Connect a stereo system or audio speakers to the AC1200 MAX to wirelessly stream your favorite music from a smart device or computer
- Extend the range of four wired devices to ensure uninterrupted media streaming and fast data transfer
- The RE6500 has detachable antennas that can be adjusted to provide the best coverage
- Simple installation requires no CD
- AC1200 MAX Wi-Fi range extender RE6500, AC/DC power supply, two dipole antennas, ethernet cable, quick installation guide