Starting a business can be daunting. Common fears of insufficient funds, not enough time, lack of skills or simply not knowing how to take the first step, can all lead to regrettable indecision.
This program will guide you through the process of the preparation required to start business. It will build confidence to move forward without suffering the costly mistakes others make.
Confirm with confidence your business plan has a certain chance of achieving your goals.
Let me reassure you; business skills can be learnt. Therefore, the mantra of;
“Mindset Mechanics Mentors®” becomes very relevant to this journey:
• Have an open Mindset to explore new opportunities and learning.
• Learn the Mechanics; the how-to information required to achieve your goals.
• Connect with Mentors, who have already achieved success and are willing to teach you the same.
Definition of “pre” in English: PREPOSITION; previous to; before:
The real key to a successful start-up business is the understanding of what is required before it commences. However, this critical area is overlooked by many in their haste just to get started. You must know with calculated certainty the business idea chosen has a high chance of achieving your desired results.
Does it match your personality? Is there a need for your products or services? What skills will you need? These and more are basic questions that require honest answers.
This program has been crafted from experience gained of helping numerous people through the process of evaluating an idea, and then starting their own business, as well as decades of personal business ownership experience.
On successful completion of this program, the adult learner will be able to:
1. Define personal objectives and goals for considering a startup business.
2. List personal strengths and weaknesses, then evaluate how they attribute to develop a successful business.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of personal motivation and commitment.
4. Evaluate current work-life balance, identifying potential areas for improvement.
5. Demonstrate an understanding of personality and behaviour, and how those traits may be best matched to a particular type of business venture.
6. Define the various industry types and identify which sector the proposed business will operate within.
7. Demonstrate an understanding of a business marketing system and why it is critical for successful business growth.
8. Define market research, its benefits and methods of research.
9. Complete a basic market research exercise, summarising key points and evaluating outcomes for the proposed business.
10. Define the term ‘Financial Modelling’ and evaluate specific elements of constraint that may impact the business idea.
11. Estimate a financial break-even point for the business, and an optimistic maximum trading point.
12. Determine an estimated relationship between break-even, a maximum trading point and realistic expected trading results.
13. Demonstrate an understanding of a business plan and its purpose.
14. Define the key components of a business plan and why they are critical to the successful development of a business.
15. Evaluate whether specific areas of profession development are required for effective business management.
16. List potential sources for support and resources that would contribute personally and to the business.
17. Complete a preliminary action plan, including specific steps necessary to move forward in developing a business.
18. Evaluate whether the “Startup Business Course” is a suitable match to assist with achieving objectives and goals.